We are currently seeking
CNC Machining Estimator Role
Estimated Salary: On Application
- Responsible for providing detailed, accurate cost estimates that will be submitted as formal quotes to customer requests.
Ranging from complete quotation for small one off projects to coordinating with specialist teams (CNC, Bending, Welding) on large repeat multi-site/discipline projects.
- Coordinate estimating activity across all functions including purchasing, quality and operations.
- Coordinate and Prepare cost estimates for presentation to Customer Account managers.
- Prepare Cycle time estimates for planning team and project transfer information for Project Management teams
- Source/Communicate with current sub-contract supply base
- Read and interpret customer requests, drawings, parts lists, specifications, engineering data packages, and models.
- Display awareness of cutting-edge and competitive manufacturing processes across all commodities required to support
- Reporting to the UK Fabrication & Technical Sales Manager
- Predominately based at Redditch site, Worcestershire but available to travel to sister site in Bromyard, Herefordshire.
- Perform other duties and specific projects as assigned.
- CNC Machining (Predominately Milling) background essential including knowledge of set up times, run times, Bending and Welding background beneficial.
- Knowledge of working with aluminium beneficial.
- Must have working knowledge of CAD drawing and Model viewers, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Demonstrated ability to review drawings, visualise the product in detail, create a mental picture of the manufacturing methods and steps required to produce the item, and estimate time required to prepare and perform each process.
- Must be able to deal with customers and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communicator working within team of 10 specialists.
- Ability to communicate with all levels inside and outside the organization. Must be able to successfully interact with all
CNC Programmer – Bromyard site
This position reports to the Operations Manager and is a hands on shop floor position
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience :
- competency in 3 and 4 Axis, and preferably also 5 Axis programming
- the ability to create programs from drawings and prove off programs created using CAD/CAM
- the ability to set and operate 3, 4 and 5 Axis CNC machines
- experience in CAD/CAM principles
- the ability to create and adapt fixtures
- CNC program optimization
- Competency in cutting tooling selection
- CMM experience (this is not essential as training can be given)
Key responsibilities include :
- Writing, editing and proving programmes from manufacturing drawings;
- Offline programming and setting of 3, 4 and 5 axis profiling CNC machines safely and in a timely manner;
- Working closely with the quality engineer and using associated measuring systems;
- To work to production deadlines;
- To report back to the site operations manager in relation to equipment, works order or facility problems;
- Tools stock control
The above is a full time permanent position. If you would like further details or an application form please contact Denise Williams, HR Manager, Linton site. 07971 790230. firstname.lastname@example.org